Friday, March 5, 2010

Rolling with Heat

This is my friend Ivan, aka Heat Rock, or just Heat. I have known this guy for years and years now and just a few weeks ago I finally found out his real name. Such is a typical story among bboys, we communicate through our shared common interest for the dance yet seldom connect beyond it. I have found that many bboys prefer not to talk about real life with each other, instead we all find solace in the act of dancing, I'm sure each bboy dances for their own reason. I have had this idea to make work on break dancing ever since I started photographing, to shoot a documentary that does breaking justice is my dream. My goal is to show the human behind the superhuman, how behind every bboy is a complex individual for whom I feel a kind of kinship towards because of our shared experiences. This picture marks the first step towards achieving my dream.



No comments: