Wednesday, July 27, 2011

On Failure



The road to success is paved in failure. These are words that I firmly believe in. Pretty much all my heroes these days attribute epic failures as an integral part of their successes. For me, this image was a complete fail. But as a result, I learned much more about myself from this image, than any of the others I've created in this series. I put close to three days worth of work into this picture, and when I was finished, it was the most complicated image I had ever put together. But for one reason or another I was just not that into it, and promptly decided it was a failure. It's not that I thought this image was bad, but I knew I could make it better. I knew that there was something missing from it that made me not like it.

The image I'm working on right now, is the 2.0 version. It's already crashed on me once (never happened to me before), wiping out over an hour's worth of work. I was livid, but now I know that when this is done I can be proud, and it'll all be worth it.

4 comments:

J.Xcel said...

I actually like the image, but to each their own. Keep in mind we're always our own worst critics, so it's only natural for you to not be satisfied with your own work as is the case with me most of the time. Remember, what may be a failure to you, may be a work of art to others

Rachel C said...

I love this. I fully agree with what you say about failure being a stepping stone to success. I presonally love this image and I'me very curious as to how you did it.

tienchii said...

Definitely what Xcel said, we our own worst critic, but if we weren't we wouldn't be striving for perfection. I like the pic nonetheless.

Chepe Leña said...

Don't forget to hit save sooner, lol