Wednesday, May 23, 2012

BBoy Monsters: The Brothers Lim


BBoy Monster: T-Bag, Table Diptych


Now that I think about it, I've known these two guys for a loooong time. When I started dancing in 2001, one of the first crews I met back then was a crew called "Baicha." There were these two younger brothers in Baicha (who I think they were in middle school or something at the time), who grew up to become the BBoy Monsters I present to you today. Although this shoot was postponed a number of times due to conflicting schedules, in the end it was totally worth the wait. Good art takes after all, takes a bit of patience. The shoot ended up being a lot of fun to do, both the dancers Tony T-Bags and B-Lim are skilled vets in the scene who have been tearing up cyphers all along the east coast for years. They came with great energy and ideas, as well as a sense of humor that made them a real pleasure to work with. All these images are based off of each dancers' unique styles, which I then tweaked by adding some of my own surrealist flavors.



BBoy Monster: T-Bag w/Gun



BBoy Monster: B-Lim



B-Lim Windup



BBoy Monster: Baicha Monster


No comments: