Sunday, June 12, 2011

Morning Glory



After a long night of drinking, as I finally laid down to rest in my drunken stupor this was what I saw before me. Those few moments in the morning when the sky starts to lighten, but the street lights are still on. As soon as I saw it I knew immediately that I had to take this picture, or I might not get chance ever again. I'm glad that I did.

I actually haven't been shooting a whole lot of work this past week, mostly I have been designing some stuff that my friends might actually want/be able to buy. I've got some t-shirts coming in, in about two weeks, and some posters and postcards as well. Once I get my hands on the stuff I will post more info about it, set up a web shop.

Hopefully this will be a way for me to make my art more accessible. I think one of the things that turns most people off from fine art is that they simply don't know what to do with it. But I guess that's one of the characteristics that makes it art, that it's worthless, has no function other than being something that you to look at. More and more i'm starting to think that art is just stuff that rich people use to decorate their houses. I don't really know that many rich folks, but I do have couple of friends who are rather fashion savvy, or like to put up poster, or if they're like me they might collect postcards because they can't afford real art.

Duchamp proved with his readymades that art is whatever we say it is. But I find that we are now living in a world that is becoming increasingly easier for artists to produce readymades themselves.

No comments: