Sunday, June 19, 2011

A Decade of Florox



In celebration of my crew's 10th anniversary, we thought it would be a great idea to cram as many of us as we could into one epic photoshoot. This is by far the most members we've ever had doing the Florox pose at once. Special thanks to Andy who helped me come up with the idea for the shoot (or who possibly came up with the idea, i don't remember), Julia and Emily for pressing the button, and to the Florox massive for being the most awesome and real friends ever.

For those of you who don't know, Florox is quite possibly the most white collar bboy crew in the world. All of our members have been through college (unprecedented for a bboy crew) with many of us either pursuing higher degrees, starting medical careers, or working white collar jobs in money/engineering. Then there are guys like me, who suck at making a living but are good at creative stuff.

The concept of this shoot was that we would all dressed in our work cloths and do the Florox pose in front of the single most famous graffiti spot in the world: 5Ptz, NYC. I thought that this would be a good way to show our unity as a crew, our participation in Hip Hop culture, as well as different paths we have taken in life. Big ups to the Florox massive, I can't wait to see all you guys again next year.


A few of my highlights from the shoot.

Prepping for the next shot.

Our medical science team.

Finance and business peoples

DJ Detonate holdin' it down

Chlau Chlau hittin' Ari in the junk

Engineers!

Engineers hangin' out

Katya looking surprised

I think Nate put it best when he said "Christopher, the silent king"

Jews

Artists

Billtron Hellboy Kim Strong Ill 2020 holdin' the killa freeze

No idea what's happening here, but I love it

Someone else walked away with a much better shot of this than I did


Tsang with the ill tricks


Quzi Uzi lookin' fly


Lucas Charles Tzeng the III trying to look cool


Look at Albert's face


Lucas Charles Tzeng the III actually looking almost cool


Classic Nate face

Coco Philly Kev


Andy I'm Not Waiting for You Choiboy in scrubs

2 comments:

NoNo said...

sooooo coool Johnny Tang!

DaveX said...

That's an awesome picture, I think Control Panel should compete for most white collar bboy crew, but I think you guys have more members. =p bahaha

see you soon
-davex